A Legacy of Boundless Love: Blessing of the Animals
By Roxanne Perry
Fall is the perfect time to gather family and invite your friends for a fun outdoor activity that celebrates love, compassion, and the bonds we share with our four-legged companions. You see, this year we are expanding the event! It’s certain to be more exciting and enriching than ever before, with a delightful array of activities and furry friends waiting to make your day unforgettable. This event offers a wonderful opportunity to introduce your neighbors and friends, whether they have beloved pets or simply adore the beauty of fall, to the unique love and spirit of Christ Church Cranbrook.
What to Expect
- Blessings: At 2:15 PM, Father Chris Harris will commence the Blessing of the Animals Service, offering individual blessings for your pets to ensure each one receives the love and recognition they truly deserve.
- Connection: Embrace St. Francis’ vision and experience the joy of togetherness. In the spirit of St. Francis, whose love for animals knew no bounds, we come together to honor and celebrate the beauty of all creatures, great and small. St. Francis showed us the way by recognizing the divine presence in every living being. Whether you’re a pet owner or simply someone who appreciates the wonder of the animal kingdom, we welcome you to be a part of this joyous celebration.
- Guest speakers include: The MI Animal Rescue League, providing information on adopting pets and how you can make a difference in the lives of animals in need. Mike Palmer from Premier Pet Supply to share valuable tips on pet nutrition and safety, ensuring your furry friends lead happy and healthy lives. And Officer Nick Soley of the Bloomfield Hills Township Police Department with Maggie, K9 Service Animal, offering insights into the vital role of service animals.
- Memories: Our furry friends are so special, and no one captures their personality better than Christine O’brien at Ruff Life Photography. She will be donating her time and talents because she believes “memories are more important than money” and she wants to provide you with a true keepsake! Donations will be accepted and given to Peace Love and Paws Rescue.
- Petting Zoo: For those without their own four-legged companions, we have a special treat! Tina’s Petting Zoo will be on-site with a delightful Llama, a charming mini cow, and a host of other furry friends. It’s a unique opportunity for everyone to experience the joy of interacting with animals and learning more about their world.
Join us at Christ Church Cranbrook, 470 Church Road, Bloomfield Hills, on Saturday, October 7th, at 2:00 PM. It’ll be a fantastic afternoon celebrating the beauty of fall, the bonds we share with our pets, and the unity of our community. Rain or shine, we’ll be gathering outdoors, in front of the church grounds, for blessings and more!
We can’t wait to see you there!