Join Christ Church Cranbrook and Temple Beth El for our first-ever joint Interfaith Education program as we read our Scriptures together. Both parables and midrash provide us with powerful insights into our life with God by giving us images of holy living that are often paradoxical and layered with meaning. In the process, they provide us with a window through which to view our own complex, contradictory, and sometimes chaotic lives.
In addition to the Rev. Dr. William J. Danaher, Jr. and Rabbi Mark Miller, we will be joined by Vanderbilt University Professor Amy-Jill Levine, who will unpack three parables from the Gospel of Luke that hold particular insight into the ways that Christians and Jews view sacred stories:
- The Lost Son (Luke 15:11-32)
- The Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37)
- The Dishonest Steward (Luke 16:1-13)
This series is open to the community – all welcome!
- To join the video conference: Click Here
- Join by phone: (312) 626-6799 Meeting ID: 976 1468 9219